Beginners - Intro to Sewing Course, 4 Weeks
Are you feeling inspired to learn how to sew this year? Are you keen to get started on making your own
lovely things and getting to grips with the sewing machine?
Our new intro to sewing for complete beginners is the perfect way to learn all the basics over four weekly sessions. You can choose the project that will help to build your skills up and
make sure you know all the essentials.
Class size is limited to a max of 6.
You can choose from a simple top to a bag or a cushion.
Course Cost: £45.00
You will learn:
• How to use pattern and cut out fabric on the straight grain following the grainline of the fabric and selvedge
• How to set up the sewing machine and wind the bobbin
• how to snip corners and press out seams
• how to attach binding
• how to hem
• how to make a button hole
• how to insert a zip
• how to add 3-dimensional shaping to projects
This class is suitable for complete beginners who have no experience or those looking for a refresher of the basics
• Use of all sewing machines and sewing tools
• Expert instruction from Tracy
You will need to bring:
• Fabric needed for project – available in store with 10% off. You can choose from our Lewis and Irene, Tilda or Moda fabric ranges. Click here to browse now.
• Small sewing kit to include scissors, pins, tape measure etc
Week 1 – 12/02/18 6pm to 8pm
Week 2 – 19/02/18 6pm to 8pm
Week 3 – 26/02/18 6pm to 8pm
Week 4 – 05/03/18 6pm to 8pm
Over £25 ordered - Free Delivery
Under £25 ordered - £3 Delivery
* Every order will be delivered between 2 to 3 working days
* No signature required
* If you would require a next day delivery please order before 1pm by contacting Karelia House on Ph: 01887 822 027 and we can arrange delivery at a £12 charge.