Sweatshirt Course, Saturday August 4th 2018£ 55.00
This is a great course to learn or improve your skills on the overlocker and coverstitch machines, which gives your garment a beautiful, professional finish. There are different options available with this pattern so you could make this for a male or female. This is a pattern you are going to want to make again and again!
Come along and you will learn a few shortcuts, tips and tricks and pattern hacks of course all with the expert tuition from Tracy. This is a One Day Course and you should finish the project within the day.
Class size is limited to a max of 6.
Course Date: Saturday, August 4th – 10am to 4pm
Course Cost: £55.00
You will learn:
• How to use a pattern and cut out fabric on the straight grain following the grainline of the fabric and the selvedge
• How to set up the sewing machine for the easiest use with guides
• What seam to use for a specific fabric
• How to snip corners and press out seams
• How to make the pockets in the front of the garment
• Topstitching which stitch size and which thread to use
• Attach the hood or neckband depending on style chosen.
This class is suitable for beginners and anyone looking to start out again or gain more experience using jersey fabrics and overlockers/coverstitch.
• Use of all sewing machines and sewing tools
• Expert instruction from Tracy
• Delicious homemade lunch
You will need to bring:
• Fabric needed for project – available in store with 10% off. We have a variety of fabrics to choose from at Karelia House. This project works well in sweatshirt, fleece and waffle fabric
• Small sewing kit to include scissors, pins, tape measure etc
Please note: Course may be cancelled if less than 4 participants sign-up.
Over £25 ordered - Free Delivery
Under £25 ordered - £3 Delivery
* Every order will be delivered between 2 to 3 working days
* No signature required
* If you would require a next day delivery please order before 1pm by contacting Karelia House on Ph: 01887 822 027 and we can arrange delivery at a £12 charge.