Beginners Cushion Course July 12th 2018£ 55.00
If you are looking for a course to get you started out or refresh your sewing skills, then this is a great course for you! You will learn how to give your project a professional finish using our range of Brother sewing machines. Come along and you will learn a few shortcuts, tips and tricks and pattern hacks of course all with the expert tuition from Tracy.
This is a One Day Course and you should finish the project within the day.
Class size is limited to a max of 6.
Course Date: Thursday, July 12th – 10am to 4pm
Course Cost: £55.00
You will learn:
• How to use a pattern and cut out fabric on the straight grain following the grainline of the fabric and the selvedge
• How to set up the sewing machine for the easiest use with guides
• What seam to use for a specific fabric
• How to snip corners and press out seams
• How to make the pleat in the cushion a handy wee tip
• How to sew on a button
• Top-stitching - which stitch size and which thread to use
• How to insert an invisible zip
This class is suitable for beginners who are starting out – this cushion is a great first project!
• Use of all sewing machines and sewing tools
• Expert instruction from Tracy
• Delicious homemade lunch
You will need to bring:
• Fabric needed for project – available in store with 10% off. We have a variety of fabrics to choose from at Karelia House. You can choose from our wide range of fabric from Lewis and Irene, Tilda, Moda and more!
• Small sewing kit to include scissors, pins, tape measure etc
Please note: Course may be cancelled if less than 4 participants sign-up.
Over £25 ordered - Free Delivery
Under £25 ordered - £3 Delivery
* Every order will be delivered between 2 to 3 working days
* No signature required
* If you would require a next day delivery please order before 1pm by contacting Karelia House on Ph: 01887 822 027 and we can arrange delivery at a £12 charge.