Beginners Patchwork Course
If you’ve been trying to fathom the difference between a jelly roll and a honeybun or between a quarter inch foot and an add-a-quarter ruler then this is the class for you!
Our talented instructor, Ann Hannaby, is on hand to guide you to patchwork perfection.
Over the 5 weeks you will complete several small projects and this will give you the skill
set to progress your patchwork passion.
This block of 5 classes aimed specifically at beginners.
Class size is limited to a max of 6.
Start Date: Monday 7th May, 1.30pm – 4pm
Course Cost: £55.00
You will learn:
Week 1: Rotary cutting strips and squares, sewing 1/4” seams accurately, pressing, speed piecing, joining units together
Week 2: Sewing with pre-cut charm squares, quick methods of sewing 4 patch units of triangles to make a “4 patch on point”
Week 3: Log Cabin technique, rotary cutting and sewing long strips, chain piecing to make 4, 6” blocks
Week 4: Half square triangles technique, using recipe cards
Week 5: Finishing, layering-up, binding and quilting
This class is suitable for complete beginners.
Course Dates: 07/05, 21/05, 04/06, 18/06, 02/07
• Use of all sewing machines
• Expert instruction from Ann
You will need to bring:
• Small sewing kit to include scissors, pins, sewing needles etc
• Rotary cutting equipment: cutting mat, ruler and rotary cutter
• Notebook for taking notes
If you need help or advice with any of the equipment please call us and we would be happy to help you.
Please note: Course may be cancelled if less than 4 participants sign-up.
Over £25 ordered - Free Delivery
Under £25 ordered - £3 Delivery
* Every order will be delivered between 2 to 3 working days
* No signature required
* If you would require a next day delivery please order before 1pm by contacting Karelia House on Ph: 01887 822 027 and we can arrange delivery at a £12 charge.