Katherine Lymer - Knitting Fair Isle In The Round 5th Feb 2022
Fair Isle knitting is a form of standed knitting where different coloured yarns can be worked at any point on the row (as set by the pattern) and the yarn not in use is carried or "stranded" across the back of the work. It is traditionally worked in the round as this allows an increased speed of work and even tension by only working the knit stitch, elimination of seams and the pleasure of right-side of the fabrics always fcaing us (plus it makes it easier to spot any mistakes!).
During this workshop we will learn how to:
- Knit in the round using either double pointed needles (dpns) or the magic loop technique (using a circular needle with a long cable)
- Cast on and join stitches in the round
- Read a chart in the round
- Use the two handed method of knitting (where one yarn is held in each hand to work a traditional colour work patterns)
- Manage our strands (or floats) so that they're nearly locked into work
This workshop is suitable for confident beginners and intermediate knitters. No prior experience of knitting in the round or stranded knitting is required.
There is no preparation or homework required for this workshop
3 x rowan felted tweed in three colours
This pattern is available in two sizes so please choose your needles size accordingly (if in doubt, please wait to try on a sample for size at the workshop)
Cuff M/L Front/back Cuff S/M front/ back
S/M 3.25mm/US size 3 needles for working in the round (dpns or ircular with 80cm/32" cable as you prefer).
M/L 4mm/USsize 6 needles for working in the round (dpns or circular with min 80cm/32" cable as you prefer)
10% off all course materials in store.
Over £40 ordered - Free Delivery
Under £40 ordered - £3 Delivery
* Every order will be dispatched between 2 to 3 working days
* No signature required
* If you would require a next day delivery please order before 1pm by contacting Karelia House on Tel: 01887 822 027 and we can arrange delivery at a £12 charge.
Click & Collect
Items can be paid for online and now picked up in store.
Collection times are from Monday to Saturday 10am- 4pm. No minimum spend required.
14 days to return any unwanted or damaged goods.
Refunds and unwanted goods will only be credited when the goods are returned by the buyer and inspected. The goods must be unopened and all in their original packaging, with no damage and in a re-sellable.
Any goods returned after the 14 day limit will be subject to a restocking charge of 25%.
It is the sellers discretion whether we offer a refund or credit.