Katherine Lymer - Professional Finishing Techniques for Knitting 29th January 2022
We love knitting and while happy to follow patterns, instructions for achieving a more pleasing, professional finish aren't always included. In this workshop, we will learn how to acheive a more polished "handmade" (as opposed to "homemade") appearance to our work by:
- Working symmetrical decreases and discussing placement of shaping within the row
- Re-writing shoulder -shaping instructions in patterns to avoid stepped, holey edges and using, instead, short-rows to create a smoother, neater finish
- Grafting together live stitches by knitting
- Picking-up stitches
- Sewing seams using mattress stitch
In addition, we will discuss the importance of tension and blocking and the advantages of different types of casting-on and binding off.
This workshop is suitable for confident beginners and intermediate knitters. No advanced techniques are required to complete the homework (see below): Knitters need to be able to cast on, knit purl and perform simple decreases - all other techniques will be taught in the workshop.
Two samples of stocking-stitch will need to be prepared in advance of the workshop, details of which will be given upon registration.
A full list is provided with the homework.
10% off all course materials in store.
Over £40 ordered - Free Delivery
Under £40 ordered - £3 Delivery
* Every order will be dispatched between 2 to 3 working days
* No signature required
* If you would require a next day delivery please order before 1pm by contacting Karelia House on Tel: 01887 822 027 and we can arrange delivery at a £12 charge.
Click & Collect
Items can be paid for online and now picked up in store.
Collection times are from Monday to Saturday 10am- 4pm. No minimum spend required.
14 days to return any unwanted or damaged goods.
Refunds and unwanted goods will only be credited when the goods are returned by the buyer and inspected. The goods must be unopened and all in their original packaging, with no damage and in a re-sellable.
Any goods returned after the 14 day limit will be subject to a restocking charge of 25%.
It is the sellers discretion whether we offer a refund or credit.